Every January we prepare a review of the previous year, re-visiting our purpose, vision, values, and accomplishments so we can stay focused on our calling and give praise to God for His work through us. We were surprised and happy to list 16 items that got done in 2023, which made us all the more hopeful for new pursuits in 2024. We wanted to share a few of these with you:
1. In partnership with Charles Anderson at Epiphany Life Change, we published a prisoner re-entry simulation using 52 cards for the purpose of training the Church to understand the difficulty returning citizens face.
2. Transferred leadership for the Greater Houston Diaspora Coalition to Brad Hodges, who can accelerate evangelism, discipleship, and church planting as a local on-site leader, using the platforms we created.
3. Created a diaspora ministry ecosystem platform using Dallas-Fort Worth as a test case, which can be used as a template for other U.S. cities. Over 50 DFW ministries have shown interest as the website and other tools are being implemented, with local leadership emerging and more diaspora being reached with the gospel.
4. Presented a workshop at Missio Nexus in Orlando regarding the diaspora ecosystem platform.
5. Assisted in a gathering of international prison ministry leaders at Atascadero Bible Church to discuss ways to help develop church leaders on the inside.
6. Presented a workshop at CMCA with Epiphany Life Change on Trauma Healing and Prevention.
7. Connected One Community Church with CMCA community, with a group of five representatives attending the annual conference.
8. Visited four prison classes in Houston including a Climbing Up class.
9. Presented missions perspective to over 100 Crossroads Prison Ministry mentors across the country via Zoom.
10. Received testimonies across America from people benefiting from Climbing Up and the Onesimus Workshop.
We say, praise God for using us for your Kingdom, and thank you for partnering with us in this work!
A copy of our 2024 Strategic Plan and 2023 finances (990EZ) are available at our website (www.completion.global).